Monday, August 30, 2010

Money and the putting of it where one's mouth is

Hello lovers of meat, animals, and the interweb.

Just a quick one from me today to alert you to this story .

The lady who started Kathmandu is offering rewards to industry insiders to dob in cruel farming practices in the world of pigs and chickens. I love the concept but I'm not that confident about its success. Would you really be working in a farm with cruel practices if you didn't condone them, or were at least indifferent? I mean, I work for the state government and I sure don't condone everything they do but the animal cruelty stuff seems to me to be a lot closer to home, you'd have to be watching some not nice stuff going on. But I ramble. It's an interesting idea and I can't wait to see if anyone puts their hand up for the cash.

Side note, who knew this woman donates EVERYTHING she earns from one of her businesses to charity? Seriously, way to go lady. I feel like buying some camping gear just to support her. But not actually go camping, ew.

Random bonus, my friend watched one of his chickens laying her egg the other day and the verdict is that it's a little bit gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment